Monday, April 27, 2009

Julie Says... I Like It Hot (some like it not)



Did I say cold? Whee-doggies, it's been hot!! Nothing warms my heart (and other bits) as much as record highs. The Weather Channel has a special alert up for our area; "TEMPERATURES TODAY ARE EXPECTED TO BE 15 TO 18 DEGREES ABOVE NORMAL." Oh, be still my heart. Saturday, my handy iPod Touch weather app reported that the high was 97, although today's high is predicted to be only 87.

Sigh. Heaven.

So, um, I've been running, right? Riiiight. Nah, I'll do it tomorrow.. or maybe the next day... someday I'll get around to it. Do you see the counter on the sidebar? It says 291 days. Two-hundred and ninety-one. That's a whole bunch of days for anyone, least of all a procrastinator like myself.

I'm actually dying to run. What, say again? You heard me. Dying. To. Run. Because I have a birthday gift in the mail that I cannot wait for!! But you will have to, because I'm not telling yet. Surprises are much more fun to give than receive. This is the best of both worlds. I get to receive (my gift) and surprise (you). Trust me, I have a feeling I will say more about this gift than you will ever really want to hear.

One of the blogs I regularly read is written by Michael Hyatt, the CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers. I thoroughly enjoy his writing, as it combines many things I am passionate about (leadership, writing, and leading life in balance with your beliefs, to name a few). In 2007, he challenged his employees to run a half marathon with him. He met his goal of having at least a quarter of his employees (about 135 people) take the challenge. This post from a year ago shares testimonials from the people who participated in his second marathon challenge. If you're looking for a little inspiration, this ought to do it. The word cloud attached to this post contains just a sampling of the words used in these testimonials.

My favorite: "I have done a lot of things in my life but next to the birth of my daughter and being saved, this was the most exciting feeling I have ever felt."

How you could not want to share in that kind of experience?

1 comment:

  1. Good post.
    I don't like surprises so I am glad that I know what yours is. :)

    ReplyDelete