Monday, June 15, 2009

Where's Beverly?

I am here. Sitting here. Not running. Let's face it, jogging. So, I have 33 weeks left until the marathon. No problem, right? Anyone? Okay, I am not here to talk about running. I know, gasp. Well Julie isn't really talking about running either. The only difference is she is doing it. I am not going to talk about running because it is stressing me out. But the schedule has been loaded in a spreadsheet and the shoes are by the door. Wow, sort of talked about running didn't I?

I am here to stick my toe back into the swimming pool that is this blog. I am retesting the water.

I have been up to a couple of things... I finished Tap Level 1 at the Dance Complex and I have mixed reviews. I like the complex and the idea of it but as with most things the beginning is tough. It wasn't until the end of the course that I really felt like I was tap dancing. So now I have a routine to the Cool, Cool Evening, Goofus, Tapella, and Anchors Away if I am ever in a situation that requires me to dance to those songs. Yes, my friend and I did fight, as expected. But that is what we do when we take dance lessons. Consequently, I went out with him Saturday night to hear his favorite jazz and blues band and we danced. It was fun and our dancing didn't have a name, routine, or a judge. Just lots of spins.

I feel moldy. The temperature has been in the 50s and it has been rainy for weeks. There have been a few exceptions, but just a few. Coincidentally my throat and sinuses have been a wreck for a few weeks. A constant sore throat. I have had dreams that I look at my throat in a mirror and it is huge, and looks like clear balloons. This is very exaggerated and it is like dreaming you have a large head or hands. I guess this throat thing is bugging me. I know it is the weather and allergies but I am seeking alternate cures. Today I am going dairy free. Just for a little while to see if I have dairy allergies. This morning I had dairy-free hippie cereal with almond milk. Man that was good. Really it was. I might always use almond milk on my cereal as a result. Lunch was soba noodles with grilled chicken and veggies with ginger sauce. And dinner, maybe a potato, something with rice, I don't know yet. We shall see how this goes.

What else... I am addicted to HGTV. I have this strong desire to refinish a piece of furniture. This is what happens when you have too much time on your hands and you are avoiding running. And in the category of too much time on my hands, I really want to learn to speak Danish. Ah, cliffhanger... I will save this subject for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment